Losing weight with soup, is it really possible? Some say you can lose up to 10kg in one week on this simple diet! Do you believe? It is very impressive! That’s why we reveal all the secrets of this diet below, starting with the choice of soup to lose weight and passing through the mistakes to avoid. Just do it ! Get ready for the summer season!
The benefits of eating soup
Spring is the perfect time to start adding more liquid foods to your meals. They will refresh you and boost your immunity thanks to the large amount of vitamins and minerals they contain. In addition, they will help you detoxify your body and fight seasonal fatigue. If you are a responsible person, you will also appreciate the fact that, by making more soups, you will encourage a plant-based diet, which is sustainable and respectful of nature.
This lifestyle is also linked to a reduction in the risk of obesity and support for weight loss. In addition to helping you increase your vegetable intake, the soup helps you stay hydrated, which is really important for burning fat.
Which soup to choose for fast weight loss?
Enjoying a bowl of soup can be an easy way to lose inches from your waist, but only if you choose the right recipe. Here are the ingredients you should focus on and which ones to avoid in order to lose weight on your stomach and thighs.
what can you eat
There are several types of soup based diets. The recommended ingredients may therefore vary. But here are the basic rules that must be followed to lose weight fast.
- Add more fiber to your recipes. They help keep gut bacteria healthy and promote overall fat loss by reducing appetite. Foods rich in soluble fiber include sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, artichokes, carrots, beets, peas, and broccoli.
- Choose low-glycemic vegetables such as turnips, celery, cauliflower, spinach, kale, kale, and green beans.
- Antioxidants are also important because they rid the body of toxins. One of the best choices for the soup diet is lycopene which is mainly found in tomatoes. Remember that you need to add some oil or fat to your tomato meal so that your body can absorb it.
Common mistakes to avoid
During the diet period, you should avoid some products, as they will neutralize the beneficial effect of the above-mentioned compounds. Here they are :
- Dairy products negatively impact your diet. So avoid milk, sour cream, cream, cheese and yogurt.
- Thickeners, often found in recipes, can ruin everything. Avoid flour, bread and egg yolks.
- Instant and canned soups should also be avoided. Preparing food at home allows you to add the ingredients you like, which is impossible if you choose to buy something from the store. It also saves you from consuming unnecessary preservatives, flavors and dyes.
- Adding salt is the most common way to improve the taste of a dish, but it is by no means recommended for diets that aim to lose weight. So reduce the amount you use for your recipes or replace it entirely with herbs and spices that increase fat burning. These are cloves, fenugreek, mustard seeds, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ginger, oregano, ginseng, caralluma fimbriata, and turmeric.
- Even if you prefer creamy soups, try to diversify your menu. According to scientists, chewing your food can help increase the satiety factor of the meal and make you feel full for longer.
Soup diet to lose weight fast
Soup diets typically last 7-10 days. They can definitely help you lose weight, but to avoid the yo-yo effect, you need to stay hydrated even after this time. For example, you can continue to eat soup at least once a day, but also drink tea between meals. Instead, try not to eat too fatty foods, red meat and reduce the amount of dairy products. Sugar and carbohydrates are other types of products to be wary of.
Here are the most popular broth diets you can try this spring to quickly lose weight and slim your figure for the beach:
Broth-based soup diet
The broth soup diet lasts 7 to 14 days and can help you lose up to 10kg. If you opt for this diet, remember that cream-based soups are limited, as they are higher in calories and fat. So be prepared to eat the soup 3 times a day. If that’s too much for you, you can also add lean protein, non-starchy vegetables, and fat-free dairy products to your daily menu.
Among the most famous recipes are the garlic soup for weight loss, the onion soup and the famous “Emily in Paris” diet leek soup!
cabbage soup for weight loss
The cabbage soup diet is one of the most popular. It represents a 7-day meal plan that can help you lose 4.5kg. Of course, if you stick to it strictly. It involves eating chicken or vegetable-based soups that contain kale and other low-carb vegetables. It also lets you add other low-calorie foods to your daily menu, such as skim milk or green leafy vegetables.
Artichoke soup for weight loss
This diet involves drinking seven cups of artichoke water a day and eating a very limited amount of low-fat, low-calorie foods. It only lasts three days, because it’s really drastic. During this period, it is necessary to rest and not to exercise. The end result is -4 kg, which helps detoxify the liver, kidneys and intestines. It also gives your digestive and endocrine systems some rest after working hard to process food.
To vary the taste of artichoke water, you can add mint leaves or fresh lemon juice.
Tomato soup for weight loss
The most important element of this diet is the tomato. It requires the consumption of tomatoes at every meal, not only in soups, but also grilled or fresh. If you just eat this vegetable, you can lose up to 2.5 pounds in 4 days. For a less stressful diet, add other low-calorie foods to your dishes, even if this won’t have such an impressive slimming effect.
This diet is a 7-day weight loss program that involves eating chicken soup with every meal except breakfast. Consume it frequently in small portions to reduce cravings and promote feelings of satiety. The recipe contains the following ingredients: broth, cooked chicken, herbs such as garlic and onion, and many non-starchy vegetables, including carrots, turnips, broccoli and cabbage.
In the morning, you can eat low-calorie foods, such as skim milk and yogurt, low-fat cheese, cereals or wholemeal bread, and fresh fruit.