To stay fit, it is best to avoid snacking between meals. Sometimes easier said than done … Instead of rushing for weight loss capsules or other dietary supplements with “appetite suppressing” properties, why not try integrating naturally satiating foods into your diet?
When you’ve decided to lose weight, it’s relatively easy to change your diet accordingly and start exercising. It is much more difficult to fight against the permanent feeling of hunger– both psychological and physiological.
Several tricks allow you to do this distract for a while : prepare meals in advance and respect them, drink to avoid hunger, clean the lockers, go to bed earlier and sleep longer … so many restrictive habits that riskcreate lack of enthusiasm and fatigue : eating must remain a pleasure! To do this, it is better indulge in foods with natural appetite suppressing propertiesthat we gradually integrate into our daily life.
What are the best and most powerful natural appetite suppressants?
There is something for everyone! These foods should it is enough for you until your next meal, thus reducing the risk of weight gain. Most are rich in dietary fiber or protein, which has a strong satiating power. They can be integrated directly into your mealsWhere serve as a snack. To be considered effective, they must quickly suppress the urge to eat, and this, over a relatively long period.
The most effective fruits for suppressing appetite
- Apple – We no longer sell the virtues of the apple! Low calorie, you can eat it without feeling guilty. It is rich in fiber, pectins and mucilage which, once in the stomach, absorb a large amount of water and increase the volume of the food bolus, thus limiting the feeling of hunger. In addition, it favors transit!
- Banana – Rich in potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin C, banana has it all. For breakfast, as a snack or as a dessert after a light meal, it is the ideal fruit to prevent cravings.
- Grape – Rich in water, low in calories and very high in fiber, grapefruit is a great appetite suppressant!
- The lemon – The appetite suppressant function of this citrus fruit is unknown. The citric acid it contains, however, lowers blood sugar levels, which has the effect of increasing the duration of satiety. Its vitamin C also has a satiating effect.
Nuts also curb cravings
- Almonds and walnuts – A handful of almonds or walnuts from time to time is very beneficial to health. Not only are they rich in fiber and vegetable protein, but they also require chewing effort, which facilitates “stalling”. Goodbye to snacks placed under the sign of cakes or handfuls of candies!
The most effective appetite suppressing vegetables
- Soup – As an appetizer, at the beginning of a meal, or as a single dish, vegetable soup (in pieces or not) is sometimes surprisingly substantial. It is best to prepare it at home to ensure maximum fiber intake.
- Lentils – Lentils are low in fat and calories. On the other hand, they are rich in fiber and bring a lot of energy to the body.
- Potatoes – Like many vegetables, the potato is very high in fiber, which absorbs the water present in the stomach and swells, quickly leading to a feeling of satiety.
Other foods that naturally reduce hunger
- white cheese – Rich in protein, white cheese, preferably 0%, can fill small gaps. In the morning for breakfast, at noon after a meal or as a snack, consume it without hesitation.
- Egg – Few calories, eggs contain a lot of protein and little fat. An ideal food to satisfy our hunger while waiting for the meal. They are eaten in all forms (scrambled eggs, fried eggs, hard-boiled eggs, etc. Preferably choose organic ones.
- Oat bran – Rich in fiber, oat bran has the power to quickly satiate. A delight when mixed with ricotta in the morning, or as a snack when you’re hungry.
- Konjac – This popular Asian plant contains glucomannan, which absorbs a lot of water! As in the case of apples, our stomach fills quickly and the feeling of hunger quickly gives way to satiety. Note, konjac is also considered a good fat binder.
- tofu – Tofu is low in calories and high in protein, which will satisfy your appetite for quite a while.
- agar agar – Used to gel food, this seaweed is an ideal natural appetite suppressant. It can also be consumed in capsule or powder form.
- Wakameanother type of Japanese seaweed, very high in protein may also do the trick.
As part of a diversified diet, these foods can limit weight gain by reducing the desire to snack. It is important to remember this their primary goal is not to lose weightbut rather to reconnect with a healthier and more regular eating rhythm.
What drinks to limit the feeling of hunger?
Some teas and other herbal teas have digestive benefits, others simply taste good or, like green tea, act as a fat burner. They all have one thing in common: they let you fill the stomach, without taking in a calorie ! They can also be more attractive than just a glass of water.
However, to take advantage of its appetite-modifying effect, remember to drink a glass of water a few minutes before a meal.