Spicy vegetable soup
- 3 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 turnips
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 1 green cabbage
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 liters of water
- cumin powder
- 30 g of coarse salt
- 10 peppercorns
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and store 3/4 of them in a suitable container.
- Peel the remaining 1/4 of the cabbage and peel all the other vegetables and cut them into pieces then put them in a large saucepan.
- Peel the garlic and onion and cut them into pieces.
- We also put them in the pan
- Add the bay leaves, 15 peppercorns, 2 cloves and salt.
- Cover everything with 10 liters of water then bring your preparation to a boil over high heat.
- Then cook gently for 40 minutes.
- Add to your vegetables, 1 c. paprika and 1 tbsp. ground cumin coffee.
- Put the preparation in the blender.
tagine el bey
- 400 g of minced meat
- 400 g of cottage cheese
- 400 g of chopped spinach
- 150 g of grated cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of coriander and cumin
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 7 eggs and 3 egg whites
Preparation of the first layer:
- Put the minced meat in a saucepan with salt, pepper and coriander and the cumin
- Add the oil, the chopped onion and ½ teaspoon of garlic, then cook over medium heat
- To remove
- Add 50 g of grated cheese and 4 eggs, then mix
- Grease a baking tray, level the entire surface with the meat filling
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 °
Preparation of the second layer:
- In a pan, put the butter with the chopped spinach and ½ teaspoon of garlic
- Stir regularly until all the liquid has evaporated
- Stir in the spinach and add a little salt and pepper
- Add 3 eggs and 50 g of grated cheese, then mix
- Add the spinach filling to the meat filling and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Preparation of the third layer:
- Mix the ricotta with 3 egg whites and the remaining grated cheese.
- Add some salt and pepper
- Add the ricotta mixture to the spinach layer
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes
- Finally, cut the tagine into diamonds (or any shape you prefer) and decorate with dried fruit.
Tunisian nwasser with chicken
- 750 g Nwasser
- 5 to 6 slices of chicken
- 100 g of chickpeas
- One chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of tomato puree
- ½ tablespoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, ½ tablespoon of coriander (Tabel)
- 3 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 green chilli
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
Preparation of the sauce:
- Put a drizzle of oil with the chopped onion and tomato paste on the bottom of a couscous
- Add the spices and a glass of water, then leave on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes
- Pour 1 liter of hot water and add the meat and carrots
- On the other hand, mix the nwasser with 4-5 tablespoons of oil, then put on the couscoussier, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, add the potatoes, chickpeas and chilli
- After 30-35 minutes, remove the chicken slices and vegetables with a slotted spoon
- Pour the sauce into the nwasser and mix
- Place the nwasser on a baking sheet in the oven and leave it there until the dough has absorbed all the liquid (10 to 15 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and arrange the nwasser on a plate then place the vegetables, chicken slices and eggs cut in half
Konafa with mozzarella
- 300 g konafa (long angel hair or ktayef)
- 150 g of butter
- 500 g of cheese (mozzarella)
- 150 g of chopped pistachios
For the syrup:
- 150 ml of water
- 300 g of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Preparation of the syrup: boil the sugar, water and lemon juice for 15 minutes until the syrup is obtained, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat
- Relax the konafa to separate it well
- Using kitchen scissors cut the wicks
- Pour in the melted butter and mix well (mix so that all the konafa is buttered)
- Cut the cheese into small pieces
- In a buttered mold, place a layer of dough (konafa) with raised edges
- Place the cheese in the center and cover with another layer of pasta (konafa), taking care to enclose the cheese inside
- Repeat with the rest of the konafa
- Bake at 180 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Drizzle with the syrup and garnish with pistachios
What is happening in Tunisia?
We explain on our YouTube channel. Subscribe!