- 4 large skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Orange juice
- 1 C. tablespoons of dried oregano
- 1 C. salted herbs
- 1 2 cup of extra virgin olive oil, fine taste
- 2 Italian tomatoes without seeds and cut into brunoise
- 2 tbsp. spoons of organic or blanched orange peel, chopped
- 2 tbsp. spoonful of lemon zest, organic or blanched lemon, chopped
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 French shallots, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
Put all the ingredients for the gremolata on a cutting board, mix and chop a little more to bring out the flavors.
Combine in a large bowl, add the juices, oil, oregano and salted aromatic herbs and mix.
Divide the mixture in two. Reserve one half at room temperature and marinate the chicken breasts in the other half. Leave to marinate for one or two hours in the fridge.
Allow to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature before cooking.
Preheat the barbecue over medium heat.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
Generously salt the chicken breasts on both sides to taste.
Cook for 4-5 minutes per side directly on the pre-oiled barbecue grills over medium heat.
Continue cooking for another 5 minutes, indirectly, with the lid closed.
In the meantime, cut the pulp of the Italian tomato into brunoise and add it to the marinade kept aside.
Turn off the barbecue and cover the chicken breasts with aluminum foil.
Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
Serve each breast seasoned with two generous spoons of gravy.
Ground pepper to taste